January 23, 2008

Flexibility

I believe one of the things most needed in the body of Christ right now is "flexibility".

As it is in the natural (being flexible) so it is in the Spirit. I have had to come to grips with this myself as over the past several years is in order to stay flexible (especially at my age), I have to physically work harder than the younger ones.

It is the same as we walk for years with the Lord. When we are young in the Lord, we are much more flexible, but the longer we have been in the Lord, we seem to get set and unmovable. I am not talking about being swept away by weird doctrines but I am talking about getting stuck in one place and becoming very rigid in our thinking.

God is continually challenging us by doing new things, and revealing new things. The question I continually ask myself is, "Am I able to flow with the new (on any given subject) or is my mind set to 5, 10 or 40 years ago. I think this is a question we must all ask from time to time.

As for me and my house, I want to be a vessel that carries the "new wine." In order for this to happen, I can not be an "old wine skin" or the new will be too much for the "old" to handle and the end result is it will burst and everything will be lost. The worst thing is that lives that would have been changed, now won't be.

This apostolic, prophetic move that God has brought to the church is taking us into the new. Will we resist it or be flexible and allow God to transform our minds in order to reach who He wants to reach in the now and the future.

I want to be flexible, but I know it is going to require me staying open to the fresh wind of God that is blowing. His glory will (and is) covering the earth.....His people are His carriers.

Be flexible won't you? It's vital to your growth. Yes there has always been the false and counterfeit, but when you desire to be flexible, God will give you discernment and wisdom when you ask for it. He is doing something so fresh and new on the earth, you won't want to miss it.

No comments: